What is a home protection plan?
A home protection plan is a service contract that covers the repair or replacement of many of the most frequently occurring breakdowns of home system components and appliances.
Why do I need a home protection plan?
Unexpected repair or replacement costs can easily strain your budget. Plus, finding a qualified professional to solve your problem can be stressful and inconvenient. A home protection plan cannot prevent systems or appliances from breaking down, but it can help make handling covered repairs or replacements easier and less costly.
Why choose American Home Shield?
As the industry leader, American Home Shield, the administrator of the Coldwell Banker® Home Protection Plan has a respected reputation and a reliable nationwide network of approved and independently insured service contractors.
Key advantages for home buyers
- Relief from some of the expenses of unexpected breakdowns on covered items
- Sensible, affordable coverage
- Flexible, customizable plans
- Access to a network of service contractors
- Improved confidence in your home purchase
Key advantages for home sellers
- Can help homes sell faster and closer to the listing price*
- May discourage downward price negotiation
- Can help distinguish properties from other listings
- Coverage can be added during the listing period and can last all the way through inspection and closing
- Helps boost buyer confidence
- Can help reduce post-sale issues
Information courtesy of cbburnet.com